Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back on Track

Well it's been a while since I last posted. It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but I am hoping to get back on track now.

I was reading in my One Year Bible a few days ago, and came across this scripture in Jeremiah. It's chapter 31 and verse 25. It says "For I have given rest to the weary and joy to all the sorrowing."

Wow isn't that awesome. God knows there will be times when we are weary. Times of sorrow and struggle, but He has already made provision for those times. He doesn't say I will give rest to the weary, He says I have given rest to the weary.

Maybe you are weary and tired today. Maybe you are sorrowing and struggling. Just remember rest and joy are already provided through God's son Jesus Christ. He says come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. What an awesome promise. All we have to do is come to Him. The rest is already there, the joy is already there, all we have to do is accept it. All we have to do is rest in Him.

Thank you Jesus for your joy, and peace and rest.

2 comments:

Pump Dude said...

With the twins finally here (and at home) I can definitely relate to the weary part of the blog!
It's been slightly odd being gone on Sundays and not doing Lifegroups for the past few weeks. Tiff and I are so glad to be jumping back into Lifegroups tonight! We've missed everyone and have appreciated all of the thoughts and prayers that have been on our account, as well as those that visited, brought dinners or called/texted/e-mailed to check on us! You guys are awesome and we love all of you!
Resting in Him is something that I've been having to do for quite some time now (I'm not where I need to be but I've definitely made some improvements over the past few years). I've battled with some severe frustrations with my work (among other things) and I simply exhaust myself trying to find ways to make everything happen the way I want it to. It's truly refreshing to be able to rest in Him knowing that He's the One in control and the only One who knows what the outcome will be. Praise God for all of His provisions, His loving care, His never-ending mercies and His rest for us when we're weak and weary!
As for joy, whenever I'm down (sorrowful) all I have to do is look around me! His fingerprints are all over my life! Even with all of the frustrations, I still have a wonderful job (I actually love what I do), and better than that I have a gorgeous wife and 5 (Holy Cow - 5!!!) beautiful children. We've had our share of bumps and bruises (relational/emotional - not literal) along the way, but we've grown stronger because of them. Then there's my mom & dad, brothers, sister, in-laws (no, I'm not running a high fever) and of course the Lifegate family!
Sorry for an exceptionally long blog (nothing new, right?). I figured I had to make up for when I was "out of pocket." Great stuff, Padre! Love ya, man!

Chad Benson said...

Love you too. I am really proud of you guys and can't wait for you to be able to be back "in pocket" we have missed you and are so excited about Gabriel and Josiah!!