Thursday, September 4, 2008

Live Like Your Dying

I came across this scripture today and thought it was pretty timely since we are about to start our One Month to Live Challenge. Its in Ecclesiastes 7:2-4 it says "It is better to spend your time at funerals than at festivals. For you are going to die and it is a good thing to think about it while there is still time. verse 4 says "Yes a wise man thinks much about death while the fool thinks only of having a good time now."

At first that kind of sounds depressing, but in reality it's not. It's really kind of freeing. To know that one day I am going to die, and I should be living my life as if I am dying because I am. That I should live with no regrets so that at the end of my life I will be able to have truly lived.

That's what the OMTL challenge is all about isn't it If I think about how I want the end of my life to be, it will change how I will live now. It's like the song says "Live like your dying." (Since everyone loved the Toby Keith song yesterday I will use a Tim McGraw song today then I'll be done with the country songs and move on to the polka genra)

7 comments:

Rhettro said...

oh, come on. there are alot more country songs you can use! I cant wait 4 OMTL!!!!!

RAE RENEE said...

UM, WHAT ABOUT THE ROCK GENRE?? AM I THE ONLY ONE FEELING IT?

Pump Dude said...

I'm partial to 1980's Yugoslavian Punk Rock Hymns, so let me know if you need to use any of those lyrics on your upcoming blogs, Padre.

Adam said...

Wish we were there for the OMTL stuff. Everyone pray for us. We are at a real crossroads of where we should go to church and basically where we should be at. Also I think Chad could use some Enya or perhaps some 80's rock. Bon Jovi "Down in Blaze a Glory" might work for OMTL :)

Rhettro said...

adam, we will be praying for you guys, but i think you should just move here!!!! i hope that helps. i mean, i guess you should probably pray about it and stuff. lol. but we would love to have you guys here. i need golf lessons, and chad has already taught me everything he knows. :-)

Chad Benson said...

I may have taught Rhett everything he knows but that's definately not much. I know how to shank it :) Adam, we are praying for you too. If you need to talk give me a call.

Adam said...

If we could figure out a way to be there tommorrow we would. The problem is I am 26 hours away from graduating and no school will accept me now with that few hours left. So I guess we will just finish this race then go from there. Rhett my motto to live by in golf..."Swing hard, just in case you hit it right" :)