Thursday, July 24, 2008

You've Never Seen a Hearse Pulling a U-haul

I came across this scripture in I Timothy 6:7 "For we brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out of it." Everything that I have came from God. My family, job, house, car, money, everything that I have came from Him. The Bible teaches us in James that "every good and perfect gift comes from above..." Nothing that I have came from me. It wasn't because of my great talent or ability. It's not because I'm so great or so smart, or because of my good looks :) It all comes from God. I started out this life with nothing, and I will end this life with nothing. Everything that I have in between is only because of God's incredible love and grace. What an incredible perspective to keep. It's hard to do sometimes, but how could our lives be changed if we would just keep this in mind throughout the day. Ultimately we are in control of nothing, and God is in control of everything. We brought nothing into this world and we will take nothing out. God thank you for your incredible gifts, help me to keep them all in the right perspective, and keep an eternal mind set.

3 comments:

Pump Dude said...

I'm not sure if I agree with the good looks comment, but everything else is great!
Seriously though, I find it much easier to detach myself from the "stuff" of this world when I can remember that (1) It's not mine, (2) It won't last, and (3) It's not what I'm here for.
Good stuff, Padre.....

Rhettro said...

I think that this is a bigger issue than we even realize. I used to have a huge problem in this area until Giod took it all away and showed me that I can still be happy. God is awesome and so is Lifegate!!!!!!!!!

Pump Dude said...

I'll second that, Rhett!!
I'm also reminded of Paul when he wrote to the early Christians to be content in any situation. Whether we have or have not with regards to material possessions, we have all that we require when we acknowledge that He's all we need to be happy during the short time we're here!
Love ya, Bro!