Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Decisions Decisions

Sometimes it's hard to make wise decisions. It's hard sometimes to know what to do when you are faced with so many options. What decisions should I make in my family, finances, career, etc. ? How do we find wisdom to clearly make the right choices? The scripture tells us in Proverbs 2:6 "For the Lord gives wisdom and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Wisdom ultimatley comes from God. He may give it to us through experience, or the council of others, or some other source, but ultimatley it comes from Him. If we want wisdom the key is to seek Him. The Bible tells us in Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Wisdom begins and ends with God. To be wise and make wise decisions, we must realize that real wisdom only comes from Him. Not from ourselves, or our great ideas, training, or education. We must seek Him in every decision that we make in life. The closer we get to God, the more wisdom we have for our daily decisions. The Bible tells us in James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." If we will seek God in every situation, the Bible says that God will give us the wisdom that we need. He won't look down on us, or find fault in us, He will just give us the wisdom to make the right decisions. Maybe you are facing a decision today. Seek God, look to Him for the answer, and He will lead you all the way. Psalm 37:23 "The steps of a good man are ordered of God."

2 comments:

Pump Dude said...

Those of us that have any kind of authority over others have a tough time relinquishing our perceived "control" over situations (I'm primarily speaking about me). Although I forget from time to time, when I come to the realization that nothing I do will guarantee a specific outcome, desired response, expected revenue, etc it's much easier to fall back to the "Best Question Ever" that we've discussed in Lifegroups: What is the wise thing for me to do? When I couple that with what God has instructed us to do and where I feel God is leading me, the numerous avenues I thought I had for the situation begin to quickly fade away and the "wise" answer is crystal clear. I can't tell you enough how much I love this blog! It helps me remember what's important - to focus more on the eternal instead of the temporal. Thanks Padre!!

Chad Benson said...

Kurt, I hadn't even thought about the BQE when I was posting the blog, but that is really all that it comes down to. What is the wise thing to do? If we would just make that the guiding force of our lives we would make better and wiser decisions every time. Great comment.