Monday, June 30, 2008

After the Storm

Yesterday we continued our series called Dressed for Success. In this series we are talking about the armor of God. Yesterday we talked about being dressed with the Breastplate of Righteousness. Righteousness is simply doing the right thing in God's eyes. It is living according to his guidlines for your life. In Proverbs 10:25 the bible says "When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous will stand forever." It's instersting to me that is says when the storm has swept by, not if the storm sweeps by. The fact is that everyone will encounter storms righteous and wicked. No one is exempt from the storms of life. The Bible says in Matthew 5:45 "...He sends rain upon the just and the unjust alike." It's not a matter of whether you will experience storms, but what will happen after the storm. The Bible says that after the storm, the righteous will stand firm, but the wicked will be swept away. Maybe you are in a storm today. I've got good news for you. If you are living righteous, if you are doing the right thing, you will stand. The storm can blow all around you, but you will not fall. Don't give up, just keep doing the right thing and God has promised He will come through. I love the way David said it in Psalm 37:25 "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread."

4 comments:

Pump Dude said...

Talk about a storm; lately my work seems to be a continuous, distressing deluge of despair!! However, as easy as it is to get wrapped up in the everyday "problems" of life, it's also incredibly easy to sit back and renew my perspective; to transition from a negative, despairing mindset to one overflowing with joy. These "headaches" or "thunderstorms" in my life that sometimes have me losing sleep at night don't account for anything as it pertains to my spiritual walk with the Lord (apart from how I deal with it). Just as Robert shared his amazing story yesterday at church, no matter what storms come my way I WILL continue to praise my heavenly Father who allows me to stand through it all.
You have no idea how much I needed this today, Padre. Thanks!!!!

Chad Benson said...

That's awesome Kurt. I am really proud of you, keep it up. Love ya man!

Amber Benson said...

When I am going through a storm in my life I like to focus on the fact that I'm getting stronger as I go through it. I have keep in mind that God is always strengthening my character and spirit as I fight through any mental, physical, or financial storm that may come my way.

annakate elizabeth davis said...

good word amber benson!