Thursday, July 3, 2008

Walls

The Bible tells us in Proverbs 17:19b "He who builds a high gate invites destruction." As I was reading this, I was thinking, when we build up walls around our lives and isolate ourselves from others we really get ourselves in trouble. It's just like on the discovery channel, when the zebra strays away from the pack, what happens, it's not long until there is a lion waiting to pounce. How many times do we build up walls in our lives and isolate ourselves from others? I know I tend to do this. I tend to be a little afraid of letting others in sometimes. I can tend to close myself off from others for fear of being hurt. It's not easy to let others in our lives. The fact is when we do trust people and let them into our lives there will be times when they hurt us. I've been hurt before, and I'm sure you have too, but when we isolate ourselves we leave room for the enemy to pounce. The bible says that satan is like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. When we build high walls around our lives, we may be keeping others out, but we are letting the enemy in. Let's take down the walls and be open with others. We need each other.

1 comment:

Code said...

I know this is true! I'm kinda the same way. I tend to shut people out of my life for fear of being hurt. Not only that but I fear people getting too close cuz then they will see my faults. It hard for me to let people see that I don't have everything together. But I know that there is strength in numbers and the life struggles and faults that I have I can over come with the help of my close friends!