Monday, July 28, 2008

Any Complainers Out There?

I can tend to be a little whiny sometimes. I'm sure it's not just me, we all tend to complain sometimes. "Why is this happening to me"and "why is that happening to me", and "God that's not fair." I think it's natural to feel sorry for ourselves sometimes, but then I came across a scripture in Hebrews 12:3 in the Living Bible it says "If you want to keep from becoming fainthearted and weary, think about His patience as sinful men did such terrible things to Him. After all, you have never yet struggled against sin and temptation until you sweat great drops of blood." Wow, that really puts it into perspective. We all face temptation and trials, but I don't think any of us have struggled like that. When we think about what Christ did for us, it's kind of hard to complain about anything in our lives. Sometimes we just need to keep this is mind whenever we are going through a hard time. Thank God that Jesus went through what He went through for us. God forgive us for our compaining and help us never to forget your great love for us.

3 comments:

Pump Dude said...

This really hits home (and a little below the belt)! Okay, not necessarily below the belt but it definitely rings true of the adage "If you think you've got it bad, just look at ________." In this case it happens to be our Lord. There are always things in my life that I can find to complain about, let alone the many things that I actually DO complain about. If I could just keep this in mind I'm sure the people around me (my wife, my family, my pastor, etc) would all be much happier, and so would I. As I said before, this definitely hits close to home but also close to the heart. Thanks, Padre!

James Like said...

This hits home for me as well. Like a shot between the eyes. The message yesterday was powerful. Living by faith is not easy. The only thing that comes easy is the urge to complain. I needed that message. It is too easy to get caught up in negativity. I have found when situations are so bad that you want to complain, breakthrough is on the other side. I must continue to keep the faith and not give in to the negative thoughts that try to overtake me.

Rhettro said...

I am sooooooooo blessed!! That is all I can say when I think about all God has done for me. We took the youth group to feed the homeless and take toys and things to the womens shelter on Saturday. It really opens your eye's if you were even thinking about complaining about how hot it is. The day before I was complaining about how our AC doesnt get the house very cool. What an idiot!!! What I was surprised to see was how happy most of the people we met on the street were. It really made me think about my life. I am sooooooooo blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!